Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blood Anyone?

Germany has provided many new experiences for me, including Blood Sausage!!!! Yeah, that was my experience for the week. Every evening we have bread, meat, and cheese for supper. There are always many different types of meats and cheeses to try and I love trying new things. The other night I saw this new meat type thing on the plate and decided to try it. It tasted pretty good. When I was half way done with the meat and bread I asked my host family what kind of meat it was. My host mom just smirked and said, "Ah, das ist blutwurst. (Oh, that is Bloodsausage). Then she proceeded to tell me that it was made out of pigs blood, and it had chunks of pigs fat and ham in the blood. I really wished that I would have asked after I was finished eating the sausage. After I knew that I was eating pigs blood and chunks of pigs fat, it really did not slide down my throat all that well. Mmmm Mmmm. I can't wait to see what's on the plate tomorrow night :-)

No comments: